Popular Posts

Monday, May 31, 2010

My attitude shrank my stomach!

When I made breakfast this morning, I realized that I was full after eating one bagel. And for lunch, I only ate half a bowl of tuna helper. I couldnt even LOOK at the sausage I fixed without feeling like I would lose my lunch if I ate another bite. That's how full I was. I couldnt even eat very much dinner last night either. Way less than I usually would have eaten. I started to think back to what I've been eating, and how much I've been eating, and it hit me. I have been telling myself every day that I am going to eat normal portion sizes. I must have been eating less and less until I got down to single-serving portions, and now I'm eating the normal amount of food that one person should be eating, without even realizing it!

My mom was right. Every morning when you wake up, look in the mirror. Tell yourself how awesome you are. Tell yourself what you are going to accomplish; ensure yourself that you will, in fact, accomplish it. You know you will because you are awesome. Just keep positive, and know that you can do whatever you put your mind to, and every so often tell yourself again what you want to do. It WILL happen. I have been telling myself since January that I am going to get down to 120 lbs. I am going to slim down my waist. I am going to wear shorts. I am going to be able to wear size 7. And so far, I am at 144 lbs (lost 15; thats only 24 left to go), I have lost at least an inch off my waist (only 4 left to go), I am wearing shorts (as I'm typing this I'm in shorts), and I have already went from a size 13 to right now I'm in a size 10. And I'm eating normal sized portions, too. Just amazing.

Anyways, I just wanted to scream from a mountaintop how awesome I feel for being able to stop myself from over-eating. Eating too much should be listed as an addiction (if it isn't already). I'm proud that I dropped the habit :) Come on everyone, join me in my happiness. Stop eating more than you need to. Feel good about yourself, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment