Popular Posts

Monday, May 31, 2010

Shopping

Okay, today was a MAJOR huge day. For me, anyways. Today was a milestone in my life; something I haven't done since I was probably about 13. I went clothes shopping.

Sure, I've bought some clothes over the years. I mean, it's been almost 10 years since I was 13, so yeah--I've bought some clothes. But today... I bought shorts. And what's more: I bought a bathing suit.

Mike took me out to the store, and I had my heart set on shorts. That is SO huge. What with my scars and all, I haven't so much as TOUCHED a pair of shorts all these years, except for when I was in boot camp and they made us wear shorts at PT lol. But that doesnt count. :) Besides, I always hated the look of my legs in shorts. My thighs were all like, HUGE and ugly and every other woman in the world seemed to have perfect legs. But since I've started to lose weight, I've started feeling better about myself. And since I've started feeling better about myself, I have the confidence to finally say, "I don't care what you think anymore, World. I'm going to wear shorts now. And you can't stop me."

I bought 3 pairs of mid-thigh comfy shorts, a pair of shorts kinda made out of thin-ish soft stuff, a pair of jean shorts, and a pair of workout shorts (for when I get on that elliptical). And OMG I now own a bathing suit. And it's a 2 piece, too! The top is kinda like a bikini top, but the straps in back are kinda like a sports bra. The bottom has the wraparound skirt thingy, so I still feel like I'm wearing more than I am lol. It's really pretty, lime green. I'm actually excited about wearing shorts, and being able to go to the beach. While I was trying on my new clothes, I got to see myself in a floor to ceiling mirror, and WOW I am not as fat as I always thought I was lol. I mean, when I look down at my own stomach I see this huge blob falling all over the place and hanging out like 20 inches over... but in the mirror I can see that it only hangs over like an inch. And I don't really have a second chin anymore LMAO

This has just made me feel so much better. Weighed again this morning, still 144 (good, with as much as I ate today!) and I even went so far as to measure my waist. I heard somewhere, I think from my mom, that your ideal waist size is half of your height. Well, I'm 5'2", so my ideal waist is 31". It's at 35" right now, which means I need to lose 4 inches from my waist! I think it should start dropping faster at my stomach once I start doing crunches and sit ups. I was going to start them today, but we were busy shopping :)

I still cant believe it. Shorts. Bathing suit. I am almost ready for summer. Ready for the river, or the beach, or a lake. Just ready to be seen in shorts, ready to have people see me in a bathing suit (which is going to be a much bigger deal than the shorts since it shows off my stomach). But just think; I've lost 15 lbs since January. And I think an inch off my waist at least. What can I do once I lose the other 24 lbs?!?! Good day.

1 comment:

  1. WoooHooo! Progress! One step closer to realizing that you are a beautiful person. Just think of all the talents, strengths, and capabilities that you haven't even tapped into yet!

    ReplyDelete