Popular Posts

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Good to Counter the Bad

Well, there have been a few good things going on lately that make the bad things seem a little less frightening.

My weight is no longer 159 lbs. As a matter of fact, it's currently 148 lbs. Yay! Since January I have lost 11 lbs, and the last pound was over this past week. It's pretty slow going... I'm estimating about 2 lbs a month. But who can complain when the numbers don't go as high as they used to? If I can get down to 137 again, I will be at the same weight I was when I married my husband. That should make him happy :) even though he tells me that he loves me no matter what I weigh, and that he thinks I look great. I think he's lying :) lol

I wish I could try "diet and exercise." I hear that's the best and healthiest way to lose weight. Except that I'm already becoming so active taking care of the animals, I dont know if my back or legs could take the extra exercise. The fact that I just said that shows how lazy I am at heart. That has GOT to change. I also want to try going on a diet. I thought of doing "The Special K Challenge" except that I am still breastfeeding my son, which means no diet for me just yet. I don't want to rob him of nutrition that he really needs from me.

I have decided to start doing crunches and sit ups. I dont think I have to start with a whole lot. Maybe 20 of each every day? That should be a good little boost to my weight loss, and maybe even start getting rid of this belly of mine. I'm even considering pulling out the old Dance Dance Revolution and getting back on Workout Mode. At the same time, I am trying VERY hard to watch what I eat. I refuse to give up any of my favorite foods, and being stubborn like that means I will have to work extra hard to get the weight off and keep it off. So I have minimized my portion sizes. I was eating enough to feed a family of 4. On my own! Hey, I'm italian. I like food. But I'm going to try to like it a little less.

The animals are doing better, too. I get outside every day to care for them. I have set myself a sort of schedule; feed one day, water the next, repeat. They all have feeders and waterers, but they eat a lot and it's summer so water goes by fast. Plus we have a hundred little chicks running around that fit into the wire on the cages of our breeders, which means feeding them much more often and much more feed. It gets me so frustrated! Always having to pull chicks out of pens. But in the last month I have not lost a single older bird, and we actually have a bunch of pheasant chicks alive! And another plus: I'm noticing an increased hatch rate in the pheasant eggs since we bought a hatcher. Go figure. But very good; pheasants sell high.

My garden... not much new there. I have a serrano pepper! It's not big enough to pick yet, and surprisingly it has not a single aphid on it. My other pepper plants are very promising. They all have the little buds on them that will hopefully become little serrano peppers and little jalapenos. And I have a flower on one of my tomato plants! But I'm not getting my hopes up just yet for a tomato. The plants themselves are only a foot tall. I think they still have some growing to do. But my poor parsley... the tag said they need shade, and they're indoors still, but they're dying. I water them the same as my garden outside, and the basil and mint and sage all seem to be doing well. But they said they needed sun. Does parsley actually need more sunlight?

Alright, I think thats more than enough for today. Maybe something else will start looking up by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment