Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Muscle over Mass

So I gained a pound yesterday. But it was muscle. I know because my legs just sort of feel stronger. I started using my Elliptical, too. My friend and my hubby went half and half to get it for me a few years ago, and although I do have phases in which I'm all about working out, for the most part it's been just sitting there. I think this blog is going to help me keep it up this time. I have my iPod, with new music on it and a lot of my favorite songs from Glee (Tuesdays at 9/8c on Fox!). My iPod even has movies on it for workout marathons. I meant to do some crunches too, but lost track of time before I was too tired to do them. So I'll get on that today. Not sure how many I'll start with, but even 10 is an improvement over none. I'm thinking about even doing some "military workouts". One of the few channels we get is a military channel, and twice a day they have bootcamp style workouts. But harder.

Besides the workout and weight stuff, I am so excited! My sister will be coming down to visit in 22 days! And my dad (who is bringing her) says that my brother should be with them when they drop her off. It's almost a requirement for my mental health to see my brother once a year MINIMUM.

Put in the A/C window unit in our bedroom last night. Thought we could go without it for a while longer, but I broke down 10 minutes after I laid down and was too hot to fall asleep. See, we don't have A/C out here. This house is like 100 years old, and it isn't insulated, so no one ever put in any air conditioning. Thought about getting a new water cooler for the living room. Cheaper than A/C but still cools you off a bit. Our bedroom is the only room in the house with an insulated wall, so it's the only one with an A/C right now, but we need to put one in the other bedroom now that we have a little boy to take care of. I woke him up last night to put in our bed since it really wasn't fair that we get to be cool and he had to sleep in his room with a tiny little fan. But tonight we will give him the big Stanley blower that we were using. It wasn't enough to blow across a King size bed and cool my husband and I, but it's plenty for a 1 year old in a crib. At least until my sister gets out here; then we may just buy another A/C after all. Thank god for ice and ice cream. And pools. We just got a little 10 foot around, 2 feet deep pool for the backyard to cool off during the day. When my sister gets out here, we'll get a bigger above ground pool. Anything to cool off. I feel bad for all our animals; all they can do is sit in the shade and drink water. They dont have fans and A/C, and they can sit in their water like a pool if they want to, but then they have to drink it. Poor animals.

Well, time to get on that elliptical! I will be 120 lbs this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment