Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What a Week!

As I'm sure you all have noticed, I posted last Wednesday and haven't posted since; I missed out on Saturday's Garden Update, and I missed out on today's Top Ten. Well, here's why.

Last Monday we brought David home from the hospital after his little Copperhead adventure. Then first thing Tuesday morning, I had to get up at 6am to take my husband to work. He was scheduled to work out of town for almost 2 weeks; he doesnt get back until this upcoming Sunday. So this past week I have been all over the place trying to keep myself busy and keep my mind off of the fact that my hubby isn't here.

Last week I spent deep cleaning the house. First I cleaned out the back porch and made it into a bedroom for my sister to stay in. Then I moved our computer setup back into our bedroom where it belongs, rather than the "temporary" spot on our dining room table (that it has been sitting on since March), and I am planning on moving the table into the kitchen as well. When my husband gets back from being out of town, he will only be home for about 2 days before he heads out again, this time to Orlando, Florida to pick up my sister. He will also be bringing home a pool table that we bought from my dad, and so it has been my task to make a space for it. (Good bye dining room that we never use,  hello game room!) With that out of the way, I also need to clean the truck both inside and out so that it will be ready for his trip to Florida.

Then I have been taking care of the animals. Collecting eggs, incubating them, hatching them, feeding and watering chicks and birds... and the garden! The weather has gotten up into the high 90's and has even gone into triple digits at times, so my garden is really suffering. I water it, but even in the evenings its so hot that I'm not sure how much water the plants are really getting. I'm scared for them, because I dont want to lose anything, but after this week getting so hot so fast and the water just evaporating faster than the plants can absorb it, I'm worried that the garden might not make it. We can't afford to water it every day, and it shouldnt need that. But we will just have to see how things go. I'm praying for rain, but any potential storms this week have only brought lightning and thunder.

And of course, I spend as much time as possible with my hubby long-distance. We text all day long, we talk on the phone when we can, and in the evenings we attempt to get online at the same time to play World of Warcraft. Regardless of what I'm doing, I haven't been able to concentrate on any one task for long. Because of this, I lost track of the days and missed Saturday, so the garden update never happened, and I havent been able to focus on a Top Ten list of any sort long enough to write one out.

So unfortunately, this week has gone by without any blog posts, and it's looking like this next week may not have any either. Until my hubby gets home Sunday night, I am a mess and I just dont think I'll be able to concentrate. Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that you may not see much of me at all this week, but fear not! I shall return. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment