Popular Posts

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Author in the Making?

I was about to start this post off with "Wow, it's been a while since I've posted, huh?" But then I noticed I last posted within a week, so it has in fact not been a while at all. However, I had good reason for feeling as if it's been quite some time since I've been on this blog.

A few weeks ago, hubby ordered me a new tarot deck online. Not all of you know that I'm interested in that sort of thing-- well, you do now. My mother introduced me to the cards when I was in high school, and although I've been out of practice and out of touch with the cards for a few years, I recently decided to reconnect with my intuition and begin a new deeper study of the cards, on a much more personal level. Four days ago, my cards arrived in the mail. Since the first day I've had them, I have told myself that I was going to sleep with my cards under my pillow for a week, to allow my subconscious to "introduce" itself to the cards, and to transfer my thoughts and emotions into the cards while I slept, during which time my subconscious would be at it's strongest.

Well, each night since I've begun putting the cards under my pillow, I have had dreams. Strange vivid dreams, some of which have been so intense and detailed that it's taking me days just to write it out in my dream journal. If you haven't already noticed, I have my four main blogs linked to each other on each blog's page. Mommy's Personal Space is this one, my main everything blog; My Sleeping Journey is my dream journal where I record--obviously--my dreams; Words to Emotions is where I write any poems and songs in my head (though I haven't added to that blog in a while); and Crystal's Tarot Journal is my newest blog, where I am documenting the study of my cards as I journey into my subconscious.

One of my most vivid dreams, one I had two nights ago, tells a story of my meeting and traveling with The Dragon King. It was such a detailed dream that I have had to separate the post about it into two parts, and I'm still writing the second part (which may end up being separated into a THIRD part!). I have shown this first part to a few people, and have had people tell me I should turn this story into an actual book.

Now, when I was a little girl, one of the many things I wanted to be when I grew up was an author. I wanted to write books and have them published and have many many adoring fans and dedicated readers; I wanted to write a book series and become famous. When I was about 12 I began writing a book; I took a tweety bird notebook I had and wrote out a full 15 pages front and back... then lost the notebook. That was a HUGE blow to my confidence, and I gave up writing. To have lost so much of a story, it just didn't seem worth it to try any longer.

Writing has stayed as a dream of mine, quietly biding its time in the back of my mind until I was ready to tackle it again. I love to write, I love to read, and I love the things that take place inside my head and the opportunity to share those things with the world. The problem I face is that I have never wanted to stick to something that I had to really concentrate on and think hard to write about. This dream--my Dragon King-- is something I don't have to think about at all. I know him personally, in this dream, and I love the adventure he took me on. I think I really could write a book about it.

So here I am, my own Self as an open book, ready to go on a new journey--ready to wander back down a familiar path--and ready to finally share my dreams with the world (literally). Perhaps one day I'll have a book published; perhaps you will all be walking through a book store and see my name on the Bestsellers list. Here's hoping. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment