Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Just a Little Note To My Parents

This one goes out to all FOUR of my parents.

Two of you have been there for me my entire life. The other two of you, it seems as if you have been there for me my entire life. And I am thankful every day for knowing you are there for me still. Because I would not be who I am today if it was not for you all. I was thinking about you guys this morning, and I just wanted to let you know.

To my mom: I have never truly known who I am spiritually, but thanks to your own personal pathway, I am starting to understand myself and my views. You have been the one that has guided me spiritually, and helped me find something to have faith in. I am especially thankful for the days when I had cramps that literally made me feel like I was dying, and you calmly helped me get a heating pad and some meds, and told me it would all be okay soon. I love whenever we have a conversation about a documentary or something we saw or read about. I am always looking forward to your newest projects and blog posts. I love you!

To my stepdad: From you I have learned discipline. To control my temper, and some of the best ways to stay in control. You probably had some of the most effective forms of punishment, too (I dont remember what we did that my brother and I had to stand in seperate corners on our knees, with our arms in the air, but I remember that by the end of it my arms were killing me and whatever it was I did, I swore I would never do it again!). I loved sitting in the living room and watching you play a video game, especially Tomb Raider. Bring your daughter to work day was fun, too. I can't wait to come visit you guys in September. I love you!

To my dad: You have taught me not to let anyone tell me who I am or what I can be, to stand up and be myself regardless of what anyone else says. I was always glad to have a dad that my boyfriends could be scared of... and yet very confused that instead of being afraid, they got along with you so well. I think it's pretty cool that you also play World of Warcraft, though I have a hard time remembering that I was the one that introduced you to it, considering the fact that you are way better at it than me so far! (haha) I love you!

To my stepmom: I learned a lot about being a housewife from you. I watched you take care of the house, and the kids, and I learned most of the things I needed to know about being a housewife. Like how to have patience, and how to wake up a boy that sleeps like a rock. Also, how to bake amazing chocolate chip cookies (which I still have never managed to make quite like yours.) I loved watching you paint ceramic figurines with acrylics, and I always tried to paint them as good as yours. You introduced me to a lot of books that I fell in love with. I love you!

I am so thankful that I have the four of you as parents. I wish I lived closer to you all, but life has taken me where I am and I am glad to be here. But I look forward to visiting you all, even if it's every other year. And now that I have two gorgeous baby boys, I will be bringing them with me, wherever I go. This year, to North Carolina; next year, to Florida. I can't wait to see you all again, and for you all to see my kids--your grandkids :)

I love you all so much! Thank you so much for being there for me. No matter what happens in life, you are my family. Nothing can change that, not even death or divorce. Okay? I love you!!! ♥

1 comment:

  1. You continue to amaze me. I am a very proud aunt, indeed. I love you.

    ReplyDelete