Popular Posts

Friday, July 23, 2010

Writing Back on the Table?

So... I used to want to be a writer. I started writing novels... never got very far, but I always planned them out well and had some great ideas. I always figured it would never work out, though. See, I have this problem where I don't like using certain words because of how they sound; the way they feel rolling off my tongue... just isnt natural. That "thesaurus block" in my head is what stopped me from writing all those years ago, and what led me to discard being a writer as a future career path.

But lately something's been getting to me. I met this amazing girl, Bree. She's one of my best friends, and she has a hobby. Writing.

This may be one of our bonding hobbies, as friends, because of my passion for the written language. For the vivid images that come to mind when you read the right words describing something. For the fantastical, the magical, the mystery that comes to life out of a book. I have been missing that in my life, I think, and now that Bree has opened me back up to that world... I'm starting to want to write again.

I started this blog just to vent. To talk about life, things that happen to me, to people I know... to talk about all the bad things and the reasons they shouldn't matter; to talk about all the good things and how lucky I am to have known them. After meeting Bree, I started another blog just for the two of us. A 'friends only' blog, for us to just be ourselves and write stuff. And now... I'm going to start yet another blog. This one... will take me back.

I'm going to start another story. It's been so long since I've written anything... I'm not sure I remember how it goes. But watching Bree write her fanfic--it reminds me that it's easy. Just write what you think, what you feel. I used to be confident in my writings. Why have I lost that confidence?

No matter. I will get it back. And I will write again.

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Omg! That makes me so Happy Literally to TEARS <333
    I'm so glad that I make u wanna write again. We would make and AMAZING writing team <3
    Thanks For Thinking Of Me As An Inspiration <3

    ReplyDelete