Popular Posts

Monday, March 28, 2011

Time for a Life Update

Hello there blog! Sorry I've been gone for so long, I've been feeling really sick since I got pregnant. WHAT?! PREGNANT?! Yes, I know, I stopped writing before I got the chance to give you the good news. Well, surprise, to all of my 2 readers (shout out to Mom and Bree). Actually, not too much of a surprise since I told you both once I found out, haha.

Anyways, I'm starting to feel better (and yet at the same time starting to feel worse, since I'm going into the homestretch... last 3-5 weeks of pregnancy! Yay!) so I feel good enough to get on here and give you an update on my life and what's been going on these past 9 months. Just to inform you, a big part of my life right now, being the spring season, is my garden. But that has so much to it, that I will cover that in a seperate blog post after this one.

Okay, so September. My husband and I took our little boy to Colorado to visit Estes National Park at the Rocky Mountains. He's a little country boy, just like his daddy, and loves camping in the outdoors even though at the time he was just over a year old. Unfortunately and quite surprisingly our trip was cut almost a week short due to a positive pregnancy test. Dont misunderstand my use of the word "unfortunately". I was thrilled to be having another baby. I just wasnt thrilled to already feel the pangs of nausea that accompany morning sickness. We came back to Texas, and I went through my THREE MONTHS of sickness. The entire first trimester, and then some. I was too sick to continue playing World of Warcraft. As a matter of fact, I was too sick to even look at a computer screen. That pretty much is all that went on all the way to December.

In December, with my sickness barely easing up, I had my ultrasound. I considered this to be my Christmas present from the universe, because just in time for Christmas, I was blessed with the knowledge that my new little baby would be a boy. My husband and I were hoping for another boy, and had already decided after having our first son that our second one would be named Levi Michael Burton. He's due April 30th, 2011. For Christmas, while still on the subject, I "bought" my husband 2 porter-cable routers (one fixed base and one that he holds). By "bought" I mean he told me he wanted them and I told him "Merry Christmas, go get the ones you want" lol. In return, he surprised me with Wii Fit Plus for our Nintendo Wii system. I have wanted that since last January when I first began working out to get back into shape. Of course, it sits pretty useless most of the time, waiting patiently for me to have my second child so that it can aid me in getting back my shape once again. Nothing else too new in my second trimester. Oh right, my husband's computer broke, so my laptop is pretty much his now.

Okay lets start around February. Last year I had a small garden, and it didnt do what I wanted it to, so this year we decided to try again and hopefully learn from our mistakes. As I said at the beginning of this post, I will go into much more detail about the garden in the next post, so I'll just sort of summarize for now. We sectioned off a garden, I enjoyed starting seeds in mini greenhouses and watching them grow, and all through March (so far) we have been battling rabbits, cows, and chickens to try our hardest to let things grow. The baby has been growing as well, and apparently trying his hardest to kick his way out as forcefully and painfully as possible. My first son David is ever more the country boy and spends all his time outside feeding, chasing, and catching chickens and geese. Oh yeah, and my husband over the time since his computer broke, has been ordering new computer parts and just recently built a brand new computer. I couldnt believe that just from reading a how-to book, he was able to built a fast, up to date, perfectly working desktop with amazing graphics and 2 TB of memory! The really hard to believe part is that he says its for me. Ha ha. Hard to believe since he plays WoW on it every night, lol. It's okay. I like how happy he is being able to play with the graphics set to "ultra", the highest you can go. We've never been able to do that before. And on a 32 inch HD screen at that. After seeing how great this turned out, he wants to buy all the same parts (well, maybe a different motherboard) and build one that really is for him.

This past week has been the most interesting. It's chick season, so we have bought Americauna chicks, assorted bantam chicks, white phoenix chicks, and a whole bunch of ducklings and goslings. Sadly, we had to get rid of my dog, a bloodhound, because she was killing our birds. She did so well for a full year that I just couldnt believe it. But when I found one of my black ducks dead in the yard, I knew we just couldnt keep her any more. My husband said "dont worry, we'll find a new puppy for David, maybe even an Australian Shepherd". Here I was, thinking that it would be good to go a while with just the one little dog that we have, and maybe after the baby is born we can start looking. Australian Shepherds are a bit harder to get around here since everyone wants them, so they go fast and are usually at least 200 dollars. Well what do you know, last Monday my husband calls me from work and says "Call this number, they have Australian Shepherd puppies for sale". I call, thinking they are probably sold out, but no! We are in luck. They have 2 males left, the father being a black and tan and the mother being a Blue Merle, and they were 100 dollars but now are only 50. My husband comes home from work, picks up me and David, and we drive out and get a puppy. We were trying to find a really good original name for him, but after sitting on the porch watching him play with David and not being able to think of a single acceptable name, we went generic and just started calling him Buddy. And he's living up to that name so far, being David's little buddy. Also within these past weeks, I got a kitten from my mother-in-law, and she is the sweetest little kitty... she's grown up around birds, so I have no worries from her there, and her mommy has been training her and her sister to hunt mice, which I hear she's good at. She's a long haired Calico, with pretty green eyes, and I feel bad that I havent named her yet, but she comes when you say "here kitty kitty" so I dont think there's any real rush with her.

Last of all, this weekend. Friday I scheduled a doctors appointment, just a normal check up, for April 5, which is next Tuesday. By Friday afternoon I was sick, stuck in bed, temperature doing the wave and having a hard time staying hydrated no matter how much I drank. But Levi was staying active so I didnt feel the need to go into the ER. This morning I scheduled an afternoon appointment and went on into town feeling good enough to drive, if not good enough to get anything done today. The doctor said it appeared that I only had a stomach virus, and that a few more days of taking it easy and drinking lots of fluids would see me up and about again in no time. Also, I have been gaining weight appropriately and am right where I should be (which means it will be nice and easy to lose the weight after having the baby). Speaking of the baby, Levi is doing great. He is growing at a perfect pace, he's right where he's expected to be, with a healthy strong heartbeat. And dont worry, my cervix is still completely closed, so I'm not having the baby this week. LOL. I'm on 35 weeks, so it's still 2 weeks before he's considered full term, 3 weeks before I really start to expect him, and 5 weeks before the official due date. But I really am expecting him around week 38.

Well, it's been a long post, but I think you're up to date on just about everything. Oh, haha, one last thing. My rabbit is a girl. My husband bought her for me on Valentines last year, and it took me until just this year to finally check and find out for sure. No fuzzy bunny balls. Anyways, I'm going to get to writing about that garden now. Thanks for reading! (If you managed to survive my babbling all the way through.) Hope to write again soon. Or at least, before another 9 months goes by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment