Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New Year's Resolution 2015

Well, it's that time of year. Time for a New Year's Resolution!

I always set such high standards for myself, then talk about how deep and important it is and how I know I need to stick with it to better myself.

Last year's resolution failed miserably in every sense of the word, starting from the first bout of morning sickness three weeks in.

Something about knowing it's a new year just showers people with motivation. Short lived, typically, due to the realization that the calendar might have changed but life is the same. But I'm going to try once more to grasp that motivation and take it for the blessing that it is. A chance to start something.

This year's resolution is to keep moving forward. This means... well, before I say anything, what does it mean to you? Take a minute and think about it. Keep moving forward.

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *

Keep moving forward means that I won't let myself get stagnant and that I will find ways to be better. I've been learning Italian. I'm not going to promise myself to speak it fluently by the end of the year, but I will keep moving forward and try to learn as much as I can. I had a baby this year, and I'd like my old body back. I'm not going to promise myself that I'll be 120 lbs by the end of the year, but I will keep moving forward and try to be more healthy, and with a little effort maybe weigh less than I do now. I want to be more in touch with my family. I'm not going to promise myself that I'll call everyone once a week for at least an hour, but I will keep moving forward and pick up the phone once in a while for more than just Facebook games.

What is your new year's resolution? How will you keep moving forward? :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I am notorious for not keeping my regular promises to myself, nevermind my New Year's resolutions! This sounds like a pretty amazing resolution, you can't go wrong! Hope you have an amazing year. <3

    ReplyDelete