Popular Posts

Friday, January 27, 2012

Random: Uploading Pictures

I spent the last few days (and foresee myself spending this weekend as well) uploading pictures to Facebook. I'm talking about massive amounts of pictures... everything I have on my computer.

Alright, so I skipped a few. But I'm still putting up a *bazillion* photos. Photos of my kids, my sister's visit, our vacation in Colorado, my animals, random pictures from 2009-2010, pictures from 2011, my son's birthday, Christmas, some random videos... Pretty much all the pictures that I kept promising my family members that I would send or post, but never got around to it.

Well the last few days were dedicated to putting up all the pictures from before the kids were in our lives. Anything prior to 2009. That includes me and hubby in our Navy life, and our trips to National Parks, and even visiting our families. As I've been going through these pictures, I feel kind of silly-- every time I look at a picture I think to myself, "where were the kids for this one?" Then, "oh, right, we didn't have them yet." It seems so weird, to have memories at all without my kids. I can look at a picture and remember exactly how things went that day, but my mind doesn't seem to be able to make the connection as to how life went back then. It just doesn't seem to be life at all without my kids.

It just feels like I went from Childhood to Motherhood. Like the entire point of me joining the Navy had nothing to do with a potential career path, and everything to do with meeting my hubby and starting a family. It was the only good thing I really got out of my time in the Navy anyways (besides learning how to iron, and how to survive long periods of time on little-to-no sleep). Not that I'm complaining; I'm very happy with how my life has turned out. I just keep wondering how I ever got through life without my kids. But I suppose all parents feel this way, right? What am I ever going to do the day my youngest child is all grown up and moving out of the house...?! Good thing I have the next 17 years (at the very least) to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment