Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Letting Go

It hurts when someone can't keep you in their life anymore, and you aren't ready to let go. But you have to, because it's what they want, and when you love someone, you do what makes them happy even if it hurts you.

I will always love you, and I hope you find the peace you are searching for in your new life. You taught me SO much; I was so thankful to have you in my life while it lasted. I understand your reasons, and while I don't agree with them (because it excludes me) I want to see you have everything you need and anything you could want.

I feel cheated, because I never really got to say good-bye. Circumstances arose too quickly, and I was too far away. I wish I could have had one last hug, seen one last smile, and heard one last "I love you." I am grateful for what I did get though. Life lessons... happy memories... the feeling of being loved and supported...

I'm going to miss that.

Kids grow up, but they never really leave. That's another reason this is so hard for me. I have easily let go of many people to whom I promised I would always be there. I have walked away from those I have loved, those who have loved me, from those I have hated, and those who have hated me. I never thought it would be this hard to walk away from one more... but I also never thought it would be you I'd have to walk away from.

I think it will take a very long time before I am truly ready to let you go, before enough time passes and enough change takes place in my life for it to seem more natural. Though I hope you will always know just how much I cared--and still care--and cherish the memories we shared. Because the years we had, tied together as family, made us who we are. It would be a shame to forget the past.

This is what you want, and I will respect your wishes.
That being said... Farewell.
Be happy. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. The pain is overwhelming and the love I will always have for you is beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you more than you will ever understand, I miss you more than I could ever put into words, or more than anyone really ever could understand to begin with. I never once wanted you out of my life, ever. And I wish we could just go back to how it was, I don't know how much longer I can do this without you <3

    ReplyDelete