Popular Posts

Friday, February 6, 2015

Minion Twinkie Valentines!

My son's kindergarten class is having their Valentine's Day party Friday (February 13th). We have to have our valentines turned in by then, so my son can pass them out to his class. I saw an image of an idea for a birthday party in Google images, and I wanted to do it for valentines!

The idea?

Minions!

I wrapped Twinkies in minion wrappers and attached them to valentine cards. They came out adorable, I know the class will love them as much as my son does! :)

Here's what you'll need:

  • Twinkies
  • Printer and paper
  • Scissors
  • Red construction paper
  • Glue stick
  • Valentine cards (store-bought or homemade)
  • Pen
  • Paper clips or heavy stickers

1. First, you'll want to visit Tonya Stabb's blog. She has a free printable on her Despicable Me 2 Party post for minion push-up cupcake wrappers. These fit perfectly around a Twinkie. Print out as many as you will need. Cut out your wrappers.



2. 
Next, take your glue stick and apply glue to the section of the wrappers that says "Glue here". You might also want to apply some to the inside of the paper on the other end that will wrap around. Just for a little extra "stick". Then wrap a wrapper around a Twinkie and lightly press the glued edges together.

What your Minion should look like so far :)


3. For an added touch of love and affection, take red construction paper and cut out small hearts. Glue one heart to the front pocket of each minion twinkie.



4. Have your child write his name on the valentine cards, and the name of who it will be given to. If you are making your valentines homemade, here are a few cute phrase ideas that were on our store-bought cards:
  • I've got my eyes on you
  • I've got my EYE on you
  • EYE'm stuck on U!
  • You're one in a MINION!
  • Falling for U
(One in a MINION was my favorite!)
If your valentines cards fold up, go ahead and do that now. Our store-bought ones folded up and sealed with small heart-shaped stickers.

5. Attach each valentine card to the back of a minion twinkie either with a sticker or a paperclip.


To take them to school, I stacked them in a small box inside of a grocery bag. The box makes sure that between picking the bag up and putting it down repeatedly, it won't slowly detach the cards from the twinkies. Anyways, that's all it takes, and it makes the cutest little valentines ever! :)

Now share this post, and go make some valentines!

No comments:

Post a Comment